Thursday, February 26

Day 9946: Tennis slut

Tennis slut... you know who you are... I don't even have to name names. People already know. Yeah, you know I'm talking about you... you two-timing bum. You... you... you... you *sob* cheated on me... *wahhhhhhh*...

Ok, I'm not the world's best tennis player. I never claimed to be even a good tennis player, so I was pretty thrilled when ICBBQ asked me to be his regular tennis player. Maybe thrilled is a "minor" exaggeration... with "minor" being a "minor" sarcasm. But it was cool to be asked even though ever since he asked, we have yet to play as official "tennis partners." Let's ponder why - the first tennis game after he asked, I wasn't feeling well (a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do... and sometimes... tennis just ain't it). The second tennis game after he asked, he made arrangements to play with ANOTHER GIRL!!! I didn't even find out about the game until 2am the morning of. How rude!!!

Actually. It doesn't really bother me. I just like bugging him about it. In reality though, this whole tennis situation has made me think about something that Unsanitary Man said about trading up... just as ICBBQ is attempting to trade up for a "better" tennis partner, because he oh-so-badly wants to win. We were talking about relationships, and he was saying how people go from one relationship to another because they wanted to "trade up" for a better person. I disagreed with him, because I believe that people go from one relationship to another because they want a better fit. The person may not necessarily be a better person on a comparative scale, but may be a better person for me. It's not about whether the guy is better looking, or whether the guy makes more money and is generally better according to the survival of the fittest theory. It's more the compatability issue. Sure, perhaps unconciously women want to have the good provider, have the genetically superior children, but really, I think we just want someone that we can get along with. A friend to lean on, and friend to have in bed or out of bed, someone that needs us just as much as we need them. So, it's not really "trading up", it's more "trading in"...

*********
NOTE: ABOVE POST WRITTEN BEFORE I RECEIVED THESE EMAILS...

Tuxedo Sam: In your valiant effort to usurp the reigning mixed doubles champions, you have managed to piss off two of your closest friends. I feel sorry for you, man.

ICBBQ: now you can see how much I hate you guys and how badly I want to beat you guys. I am willing to lose all my friends.

THAT'S IT ICBBQ!!!!!! Consider yourself challenged. I will cream you and beat you to a pulp the next time we play. If I can't beat you at the game, I will use my non-emotionally-attached-brand-spanking-new racquet to beat you over the head. BRING IT ON, DUDE! BRING IT ON!!!

No comments: