Friday, August 20

Day 10123 1/2: Scandalous...

scene: Last night in a booth at Cho Won Korean Family Restaurant. Binny and J dining on veggie meals of tofu stew and meatless duk-bok-kee, chopsticks in hand, dueling over one sugared soy bean (mindless of the fact that there's a whole dish of it in front of them). The night's conversation tame in the most part takes a sudden dramatic turn... hush...

Fade in...

Binny: (voice cracks with false emotion) Why are you breaking up with me? *sob* Why, oh God, tell me, WHY...!!!
Me: I'm sorry, darling, it just has to be that way...
B: But why? I LOVE you!!
Me: (sotto drama-dripping voice) I'm sorry, baby... I just don't love you the same way you love me.
B: (voice escalating) There's SOMEONE ELSE isn't there...
Me: I'm sorry, baby... YES...
B: BUT I'M SO GOOD IN BED!!! (other people start to stare)
Me: Yes, but YOUR BROTHER IS SO MUCH BETTER...!!

Fade out... end scene.

Sometimes it scares me what the two of us are capable of doing. IN. PUBLIC.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny cuz it's TRUE!!!!