Monday, August 23

Day 10126: Bruised, battered, but happy

All it took was a night away from the city. Away from the lights, the noise, and the problems that seem to constantly crop up in my life. No electricity, no running water… no toilets (to my eternal dismay…) - nothing but fun, sun, happy people laughing and shouting, a whole lot of water to play in, a whole lot of frogs to catch (very little fish though), a nice big smoky bonfire and lots of snackies and drinkies while chilling on a big piece of rock in the middle of nowhere.

I’m happy again… finally. I wish I was still there on Snake Island, McRae Lake.

You never know what you’re capable of doing until you actually get put into a position of having to do it. Regardless, highlights in no random order whatsoever…

Friday night…

J: You want HOW MUCH?
T: Kolbassa, polish sausage… mmmm… sausage…get a foot of it…
J: That’s a whole lot of freaking sausage
T: Yeah, but everyone will want my sausage…
J: Wishful thinking dude…

~ campfire food shopping… mmmm… cherry crumble… oh, and the freaking kilo of polish sausage from which my stomach will never, EVER recover… yuck
~ hissy fit - full out pottery throwing, picture/arm slashing, poster burning, table swiping, CD kicking, I-hate-you-hate-you-want-to-kill-you sort of tantrum… it actually felt good, and now, I’ve come to terms that some people are quite simply just jerks…

Saturday…

J: Has anyone seen Betty-G’s mattress pump?
Terry: Magic pump?
J: MATTRESS pump!!
L: Swedish pump??
A: Swedish p---- pump??
Terry to Jeannette: (waving around an obscenely dough-wrapped hotdog) Hey Janice, want a bite of my wiener…oops, I meant sausage…
J: Oy… Why am I always stuck with a bunch of guys? Someone kick me off the island…

~ up and at ‘em 5:30 AM. Rushing to meet up at the Mickey D’s 45 minutes away. Stopped for cups, forgot to bring the cups… oops.
~ powerlifted 60lb pack. Crap. legs. Going. To. Give. Out. – See! I told you I could do it… now will someone hand me a pair of crutches ‘cuz I can barely walk now
~ canoeing, portaging. Learned how to self-paddle and steer at the same time. Darn it, Triscuit… that was a ploy to get me to do most of the paddling wasn’t it?
~ snakes pee as a defense mechanism. Ew.
~ damn, I missed yet another gunnel war!!! Crap!!! I was sooo looking forward to sending Triscuit into the drink…
~ fishing, fishing, fishing… caught nothing, nothing, nothing… so depressing, depressing, depressing. Yes, it was nice and relaxing, but if you don’t even get a nibble after 2 freaking hours of it…
~ if you touch a salamander’s tail, it falls off. Another defense mechanism. Ew.
~ cherry crumble… mmmm… next year, cherry, blueberry, apple… mmmmmm…
~ “campfire burning, draw nearer, draw nearer” don’t fall in just because you had a “tad” too much drinkie and already fell into the mud that you made because you accidentally poured water on Triscuit when they were playing Truth or Dare…
~ Terry caught a fish! Terry caught a fish!!! - J scaled and gutted fish after Lawwwwrence killed said fish. Grilled it in lemon, onion, garlic butter, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper… great in theory only…
~ Truth or Dare… DARE!!! Andre, some things I really don’t want to know!!!
~ ummmm… dude… you’re sleeping on my face… (sounded more like… mmrlllddffflsmmfmfmmmflllsss…)
~ BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! Sooooooooo cold…

Sunday…

J: But they’re going to see me naked.
T: (holding up a towel) They’re across the lake. They can’t see anything… and I’m blocking you from the camp
J: (stripping off wet clothes after impromptu morning swim) Ok, fine… is anyone awake yet? Look, I’m mooning the lake…dum-di-dum…
T: Nope, everyone’s still sleeping… here let me dry your front.
J: Nice try, buddy. Hands off.

~ early morning semi-skinny dipping… wow, that tank top’s got a lot of stretch. Oops.
~ Early morning campfire recipe experimentation. Who knew that you could wrap almost anything in tin foil, throw it into the fire and make it taste good…
~ Lawwwwwwwrence! I caught another frog!!! The mother of all frogs!! Eek! It touched me!!! AHHH!!! (repeat 10 times)
~ Snake? What snake? AHHHH!!!
~ Spider!!! AHHHHH!!! (notice trend…)
~ “I really have to go” “Want me to come with you” “No, that’s a lot of pressure” “Ok… good luck…this should be enough toilet paper…”
~ No, you go first. No, YOU! Fine! I’ll go first *splash* (jumping off 40 ft cliff) *glug*
~ Can you get a closer look at her ass? (Triscuit’s face 2 inches away from G’s caboose…) Babe, I don’t think it was a bee sting regardless of what Plboy said he saw. Sorries… but she’d have way more of a welt than THAT!!
~ girls… never portage a canoe by yourself… that’s what the boys are for!!!
~ 60 lbs going in, 40 lbs coming out… girl, you’ve got to learn to pack lighter than that!!
~ Moose Winooski’s… best time ever. Though, note to self, make sure that Terry sits at his own table… reverse b-day prank. Terry gets Jeannette, Lawwwwrence gets Terry, both get a pie in the face.
~ Ahhh… sweet cottage country traffic…
~ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ…

No comments: