Thursday, September 15

day 10514: it only took me 28 ½ years to figure out that my knees can sweat

She said that it would be hot. Someone else told me to be prepared to sweat. I don’t think I took either of them as seriously as I should have.

I thought I was going to have heat stroke and die. Hot can’t even adequately describe how it felt in the room. Had someone asked me, I would have described it as a breath-taking-lung-scorching-heart-roasting experience. Even breathing was painful despite me positioning myself close to the window so that I could mooch off any cool air that might have been leaking through the cracks.

I wasn’t that lucky.

I sucked back more than a litre of water in the one and half hours I was cooking. My towel was soaked. My clothes were soaked. Perhaps I shouldn’t have worn the baby-blue cord shorts that turned a disgustingly damp dingy grey. Even the tank I was wearing was dripping by the time we were done.

How gross.

But it’s not going to stop me from going again. This could be fun, and if not, well, at least there's been some pretty funny emails floating around...

From: Schmassion
To: Smartie
Subject: Re: Hey sweetie!

hot yoga was hot... i thought i was going to get heat stroke and die.

:)


From: Smartie
To: Schmassion
Subject: Re: Hey sweetie!

I’m gonna join you for yoga sometime if that’s cool with you (no pun intended) – we should schedule something…


From: Schmassion
To: Smartie
Subject: Re: Hey sweetie!

i don't have a schedule, cuz i'm so booked up all the other days. i was thinking maybe saturday mornings or early weekday mornings...


From: Smartie
To: Schmassion
Subject: Re: Hey sweetie!

I could do the 6:30am one!


From: Schmassion
To: Smartie
Subject: Re: Hey sweetie!

sigh... i could try to do the 6:30am one... you'd have to come over and literally put me out of bed though...


From: Smartie
To: Schmassion
Subject: Re: Hey sweetie!

I could just roll over whisper in your ear.


From: Schmassion
To: Smartie
Subject: Re: Hey sweetie!

and if that WAS the case... you think we'd be getting up to go to yoga? ;)


*sigh*

1 comment:

Roxy Chanel McPink said...

Oh my god, how freaking fun is Bikram yoga? I thought I was going to die on Tuesday, but I managed to finally kick out my leg on that pose where you stand on one leg and hold onto your other foot for dear life ... oh wait, that describes about 80% of the poses.