Monday, March 6

day 10685: oh jack…

The best thing about feeling sick is the sheer amounts of brain rotting tv that I finally get to watch while "recuperating". Alas, Sunday night, the only thing on was the Oscars. BORING!!!! No matter how hard I tried, I could't bring myself to watch it and channel surfed for a good three or four hours.

But then, something caught my eye. Jack Osbourne climbing the 3,000 ft Salathe Wall on El Capitan!!??? Incredible!!

*I wanna I wanna I wanna I wanna I wanna*

This makes my 1,200 ft Estrellita summit at Potrerro Chico seem peanuts in comparison. Damn, but I’m jealous.

Then they got to the part where they showed his friend, Bean, taking a pee while the cameras were rolling and I remembered that no matter how much I want to do El Cap, there's a really, really good chance that I never will... because I will never be able to pee on the wall...

They climbed for six days and slept on the wall for 5 nights. I'm good at holding it, but I ain't that good.

No comments: