Monday, April 17

day 10727: conspiracy theory

What is it with married people or soon to be married people where they think that everyone has to be married to be happy?

I don’t get it. Do they get brainwashed by aliens as soon as they buy the ring? Is it the magical, mystical power of the almighty diamond? Because when you think about it, two months salary is a heck of a whole lot of cash. I’d rather buy a motorcycle. But then I’d be afraid to ride it just in case I crash my “symbol of undying love”… and then died.

I’m a romantic at heart. I really am. I’d love nothing more than to find the man of my dreams, my one and only. But seriously, apart from financial reasons, is there really a reason to get married?

Sometimes I’m not so sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what good financial reasons might these be? Why aren't they apparent to me?

Honestly, I can't see very many reasons other than things that go by the euphemism "companionship."

schmassion said...

I'm thinking about any future kids that I may or may not have. It's easier raising kids in a duel income household.

Really, apart from kids, is there a reason to get married?

You don't need to be married to have "companionship"... though it's a lot easier to have regular "companionship" if you're married.