Saturday, October 21

day 10914: you don't bring me flowers, anymore


It occurred to me that I've never had a guy bring me flowers. Bacon always talked about giving flowers to a girl for no reason, but I guess he always found reasons not to give me flowers. Triscuit sent flowers to my office one V-day, and brought me a bunch after I was stabbed to death on stage playing Victor in Zastrozzi, but neither really counted, since he only did it for fun, and not because he really meant it.


I think it's important that my next boy brings me flowers, hide them behind his back when I look through the peephole at him, and then surprise me with a boyish flourish as he presents me with a bouquet of the-perfect-shade-of-pink flowers.

Because, damn it, I'm a girl and girls like that kind of shit.

No comments: