Friday, November 21

Day 9849: Waiting for inspiration.

Good luck IronChefBBQ!! (I didn't want to call you last night, and I knew you wouldn't be checking mail...)

The snowboards were delivered to my house last night, and I think I might have messed up the LOTR board. Paint can sputtered and in trying to even out the sputter, I sprayed too much paint on it and it ran... tried to smooth it out with my finger, but ended up clumping it a bit. I think I'll be in the locker room tonight trying to sand off the extra little bit. Crap. Shouldn't be too hard, I hope. Worse comes to worse, I can always sand everything down and start fresh. Have to admit...a snowboard with Canadiana on it sucks. The original design was really ugly - grizzly bears, moose crossings, totem poles - the works.

Sista's board is masked and ready to go - it will look awesome. Sun pattern with the rays in metallic blue and silver. Can't wait until that one is done.

How do you pretend to like something when you really don't? Triscuit likes his board. I think it's really ugly (old board... I like the new board). He's given me somewhat of an artistic license, but if he's only going to ride it at the beginning and end of the season, then what's the point? To redo the entire board matrix styles would be way cool, but it would be a wasted effort. Is it worth it? Is he worthy of a J masterpiece of such massive proportions??? I'm not sure about that one. But t'will be tres cool if I do decide to put in the effort. But then there's no time to laminate before he trashes it at Tremblant.

I'm waiting for inspiration to strike. Propped up the board in the corner of my room hoping that if it was the last thing I saw before I went to sleep I would dream up something cool. No such luck. *sigh*

SUG called again last night. I think I was feeling guilty for giving him the brush-off on Tuesday - "I have a headache. Can't talk to you right now. Bye." That was mean. Even Triscuit agreed and he's been giving me advice on how to get SUG to stop calling. We talked for an hour. He must be tired of listening to me talk constantly about my board projects and about my friends. Triscuit thinks that I'm just making it worse by not telling him straight out that I don't want to talk to him anymore. I don't mind talking to SUG, but I think he's trying to take it a step further. He asked me what I'm doing Sunday night. I told him that I was busy. I've got plans... really... games night. Please, please SUG, take the hint. I'm starting to get a little creeped out. Must admit though, you are persistent. Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

Funny thing about blogging. I have the tendancy to write down too much. When I was in Dallas, I'd try to tell my sister something... everything ended up with, "I already know that... you blogged it..." So, from now on, all stories that begin with "one time in (fill in blank)... there was a (fill in blank)..." will end as is... LZ styles!!

Catch y'all later! :O)

No comments: