Wednesday, January 14

Day 9903: In search of the woman within…

I have a purse. Actually, I have very many purses. I have a whole gym bag full of purses. Some strange unknown cosmic reason prompts people to buy me purses as presents. Imagine that. Do they not know that I have emotional attachments to my knapsacks… and that I carry one with me in lieu of a purse, or even a wallet.

Don’t get me wrong. On very rare occasions… or should I say on a very rare occasion (singular)… I have bought a purse. No idea what incited this strange purchase. It’s not like I would have used it anyway. Perhaps a misguided sense of what is appropriate on the first day at a new job where they have no idea that I really, really, really, really like my knapsacks. Or maybe it was an attempt to be more feminine by being able to claim that I once bought a purse. Yeah… doesn’t really work, does it.

Well, yesterday, and the day before, I actually used a purse! Surprise, surprise… J’s turning into a girlie girl. Hmmmm… imagine that. Yuppers! Threw all the contents of my knapsack (sans minidisk and discs) into my purse and off to the client’s I went. Hated every single second that I was carrying that thing, but all in all… it wasn’t so bad. Except that it didn’t sit well on my shoulder over my coat, the straps were stiff and stuck up at strange angles, I couldn’t find my cell phone half the time it went off, and it didn’t fit the bundle of papers that I brought home to work on. Oh, and my change kept getting lost, I couldn’t fit in my Nalgene bottle, couldn’t find my gum after my crazy egg salad with green peppers incident and I swear it ate my money. I really LOVE my purse…

Today I’m back to using my knapsack. sob… I swear I will never leave you again…

PS. I have very many wallets too. But it’s not like I use them either!

No comments: