Thursday, January 22

Day 9911: Spontaneity

Ever type a word, then stare at the word, spellcheck the word and still think that the word looks funny?

Spontaneous: 1. Acting from native feeling, proneness, or temperament, without constraint or external force 2. Something I'm learning to be...

Planner. That be me. I compulsively plan every little moment down to the last detail and I stress when things don't go my way. Even moments that I shouldn't be planning, I'm planning. I'm getting better though. I'm learning to be spontaneous.

Last thing someone said to me before I left for France this summer was "Be spontaneous..." So, anal that I am (or was), I planned to be spontaneous. Went through a couple days saying, "Have to be spontaneous. Promised I'd be spontaneous." Most spontaneous thing I did those 16 days - jump on a merry-go-round for a picture and jump off again before the ticket guy saw me. Almost got my arm ripped out of the socket in the process. Whoopee do da!

I've always wanted to be one of those people who always carry their passports with them on the off chance that I'd just get an urge to go hop on a plane to somewhere unknown. No clothes, no toothbrush... just passport, credit cards and whatever junk I happen to have in my knapsack. You only live once, right? And, it's only money. Maybe for a long weekend or something... but what about the dog?

So I have been spontaneous. Or rather, I'm learning to be spontaneous. Labour day weekend, coming back from Deerhurst, we went to the drive-in instead of sitting in traffic. Recently, in the not to distant past, went to Terra North 44 on a whim after a movie... dressed in jeans and a hoodie. Lol. I'm trying... really...

Live life... be spontaneous. I think I need to go a-travelling...

PS. Happy Chinese New Year!!! Kung Hei Fat Choy!!!

No comments: