Monday, April 26

Day 10006: Never say never...


A person can only say "never" to so many things before people stop believing what they say. "I'm never going to drink again" or "I'm never going to let her do that to me again" or "I'm never going to love again" or "I'm never going to sleep with him" or "I'm never going to eat again *groan*." yada, yada, yada... we've all heard it before. We've all said it before. After a while, despite all well-meaning intentions, "never" doesn't happen... ever.

There are so many things in life that I thought I would "never" do. I had envisioned my life so differently and had my visions come true, I'd be married to a boring, blah, SHORT Chinese man, one baby in hand, another on the way, and a lifetime of Kumon and piano lessons to look forward to. Chinese school on Saturday mornings, dim sum on Sundays and weeknights watching my kids do their homework and nagging them in typical Asian mothering styles - you better be the best in your class, or else... In short, a very blah existence - no dragonboating, no rockclimbing, no drinking, no Triscuit... nothing except that maybe I'd be completely up to date on all the reality television shows and on the "up and up" with all the HK "movie star" gossip.

Fascinating.

Two years ago, my life changed. My lovely, gorgeous cousins, in a brainwave of magnificent magnitude decided to form the Kick Ass Rubber Duckies... and thus, everything flipped inside-out-upside-down. All my "never" thoughts, welll, most of them have come true... and I kinda like it that way.

No comments: