Monday, July 12

Day 10084: Orange and yellow m&ms…


Sunday afternoon, I’m floating upside down in my kayak, holding my breath for what seems like an eternity… tapping the bottom, waiting oh-so-patiently for a T-rescue. *glub, glub*… crap I accidentally opened my mouth and now all the water’s rushing in… I’m going to drown. It’s bad enough I can’t do the C-turns through the eddys like everyone else can… crap… Oh well, it was nice knowing you world. Too bad I never got good enough at this to even paddle across the rapids…

Rescuer finally comes and I accidentally pop out trying to do the T-rescue…

John: That was only two seconds!
Me: Oh…

Next time I flipped…

John: That was only two seconds!!!!!
Me: Oh… it felt like five… *blush*

*****
Saturday afternoon, I’m floating with my upside down kayak in freezing cold Lake Ontario, head in the cockpit trying to lift the damn thing so I can practice my self rescue techniques… Accidentally propel myself too far down and start glugging water…

Triscuit: Don’t swallow the water!!!
Me: *glurp* …
Triscuit: Don’t even lick your lips… ecoli…
Me: *glurp* … great… if I don’t drown, I’m still going to die… *glug*
Triscuit: Drama queen...

No comments: