Monday, August 16

Day 10119: Life in a box...

The packing has begun in earnest. Boxes are piled sky high throughout my little house waiting for the little treasures and trinkets deemed worthy to be carried to the next place. I've been immersed in clouds of dust, hacking and coughing my way through the storage closets for two days now and I've barely made a noticeable dent. Instead, I almost managed to bury my cousin under a landslide of well-thumbed, well-loved books that won't be making it downtown with me. I also managed to squish the dog under a mountain of old clothes and linens. I'm surprised I haven't suffered some unfortunate mishap in my sleep.

This is the fourth move in five years... you'd think I'd be used to this by now. So any volunteers? Promise you get first pick of all the goodies I've got to leave behind...

No comments: