Monday, July 25

day 10462: two days later my ears are still ringing

My life is a soap opera. Or so says the co-worker chick that called me (of all people!) high maintenance a couple of weeks ago. There’s always drama, always something unfolding… love, hate, death, dismemberment (just joking about the dismemberment part)… blah blah blah…

Sure, it may seem glorious and glamorous that I was checking out Rocker Boy’s band on Friday, dancing on the tables wearing a short short kilt, stripping in the bar so that I didn’t have to miss anything… but it’s not really. Even though I had an AMAZING time, and even though it was my first experience being *sigh* a GROUPIE, and even though *sigh* a member of the band POINTED AT ME during a song *swoon* and KISSED me (on the CHEEK… don’t get excited)… I’m not sure what I’m doing anymore.

As much as I hate to say it, I think I’m starting to feel old. I feel as if the whole-drinking-excessively-while-clubbing and doing the shimmy-half-naked-on-the-bar-thing is no longer a good thing. Or that Saturday morning hangovers are a bad thing, and that trying for a repeat performance on Saturday night and failing at it miserably is an even worse thing… what’s happening to me? What’s wrong with me?

Someone help me! I’m not ready to grow up yet… I just wanna be a Toys ‘R Us kid…

No comments: