Monday, October 10

day 10539: oh. my. god.

It started off innocently. And went downhill quickly.

Googling for Thanksgiving recipes turned into Googling for how-to's on deboning turkeys.

Googling for how-to's on deboning turkeys turned into Googling for turducken recipes.

Googling for turducken recipes turned Thanksgiving into one huge gong show...

and one big ass bird...

actually...

three birds...

a chicken stuffed inside...

a duck...

stuffed inside a turkey...


... a helluva huge turkey... and duck... and chicken... Posted by Picasa

It was hell to shop for... (Thanks bunches babe!)

I met the 'rents a week earlier than anticipated (yes, I panicked)...

Woke up at 8:00 Monday morning and cooked until 6:00...

But it was worth it.


... with all the fixings... Posted by Picasa

Thirty stuffed and satisfied people lolling around Thanksgiving evening...

Life don't get any better than that.

Hope you had a good one too... :)

ps... pix courtesy of digital di because I was too busy running around like a chicken with my head cut off...

pps... I wish I had a picture of the SEVEN pies that we ended up with... there was almost as much dessert as there was dinner...

No comments: