Wednesday, November 12

Day 9840: I'm not crazy... I'm just a little unwell...

...and high on paint fumes! Eating Monday's leftover "flied lice" as my dad used to say, and typing one fingered. This natural keyboard thingy is throwing me off. Oh well. Jetted home from the client's to paint the clearcoat layers during lunch. That way, when I get home tonight, I'll be able to do the final "unveiling" and reveal my masterpiece for all the world to see. If it's half as good as I hope, it will be awesome... not to pat myself on the back or anything... but time will tell, and people will notice - mwuaahahahahaha!!!!

It struck me this morning that the world is becoming increasingly competitive. So far, I've done a fairly successful job at plodding along at my own pace and doing things when I see fit. Fortunately for me, I guess I have a higher standard than some others do, cuz most of the time, what I do is used as a sort of benchmark that others compare to. Not the case today. Was on a job this morning, and the client oh-so-casually mentioned that the last person there was out by noon. Granted, different job, different levels of difficulty. But most of the time, I'm out by noon or shortly thereafter. Somehow, somewhere, I started to feel pressure that I had to be out as soon as possible and found myself rushing through a lot of the work I was doing. First year job - should not be rushed. Managed to leave at a reasonably decent hour, but now I feel like my reputation has disintegrated into microcosmic particles never to be seen again. Whatever. My chargeout is way too high to be put on those clients - hee hee... see LZ... I, too, can be a snob!!! Honestly speaking though, how in the world will they ever recover - some things are so streamlined and downpack that regardless of who does the job, it would take the same amount of time. But if I turn it down, then I'd just be sitting in the office twiddling my thumbs... You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't.

Two more days until I go to Dallas!!! Cowboys... here I come...!!!! :o) Did I ever mention that I have the bestestest sister in the world. She's flying me down to Texas to visit her... she's even gonna take me to a real western bar where they have mechanical bulls and stuff like that. Yeah, I'm just being optimistic. Being a true-north Canadian, can't fathom that Texans aren't the stereotypical cowboys of ye 'ole western movie. Do they still have horses in Texas? I have no idea. Still, my sister rocks. I miss her big time. The house isn't quite the same without her. It's a lot cleaner, and there's a lot more food in the house, and the bathroom countertops aren't cluttered. The phone is actually silent and the dog doesn't run around in crazy circles anymore. I think the dog is depressed. Maybe I should buy some happy pills. One for me, one for her... two for me... one for her... three for me... hmmm... now that's an idea worth exploring...

So, I've been totally and seriously dissed. Not really dissed in the usual sense of the word, but dissed in the sense that a purely innocent sentence of mine can be made into something totally different and even a kind of disgusting sort of way. See for yourself. My original sentence referred to a food craving...

"My fault. I got her craving it last week when I really wanted it. Now, I don't want it at all, but she really does, and since she doesn't know that we went last week, I have to pretend that I still have the craving. Really all I want is to go home and fantasize about something else besides food for a change."

My "huh?" to the "Now you know what its like to be a guy" was met by...

"I got her craving it last week when I really wanted it. Now, I don't want it at all, but she really does, and since she doesn't know that I'm [not interested and couldn't possibly tell her that], I have to pretend that I still have the craving. Really all I want is to go home and [sleep, eat, ...]. :> "

Stinking little happy face included, I am not amused. I will never understand guys. Is everything in the world just about sex to them? Is that how guys really feel? Why don't they just be a man and come out and say it... ummm... no hard feelings, babe, but I don't feel like sleeping with you anymore. I found someone else with bigger boobs. Men... boys... I don't get it. Girls are not fragile, we can take the hint. We just cry to make you feel guilty. Does it work?

Snowboard update: peeled off the sticky-back mylar. The board totally rocks!!! Only very minimal bleeding along one edge. I can deal with that... Can't wait until it snows so I can go boarding. Wish I was rich enough to buy another one... that way I can keep on having little projects to keep me busy - anyone want to volunteer their board? I swear you'll love it even more when I'm done!! :o)

No comments: