Friday, November 14

Day 9842 1/2: The saga continues

I've become a creature of habbit. Every morning when I step into the elevator at work, I reach up to press the button for the 5th floor. Unfortunate DUH!, I work on the 3rd floor. It's been 5 months since our office moved and still I haven't gotten used to it. Luckily, I've only ridden up to the 5th floor once and the elevator was empty, so I just rode it back down. Maybe subconciously I wish I was back in time when life was a little simpler and I sat in the bullpen surrounded by people to talk to. Now, the room with a view (of the highway) is depressingly lonely. I only have 4 sticks of bamboo to keep me company... oh and a rock with a hole in it... oh and sometimes my office-buddy, KC. It's no wonder I spend the day talking to myself.

Today is Friday which means that it's either donut day, bagel day or waffle day. I'm trying really hard to resist temptation - don't even want to know what it is. I suspect that it's bagel day. The hallway smells like toast and peanut butter. Mmmm... I would give anything for a peanut butter, jam, scrambled eggs and bacon bagel. Weird ya' think? Nope... I know someone who has even stranger food combinations! And if I think it's strange, boy, is it ever.

I feel like a blob... Blobbity, blobbity, blob, blob, blob, bllllllllobbbbb... everyone sing along!! :) Gotta get back to that low-carb high vitamin thing. Yup, back to the 'ole B6, B12, K+ and multis. It's not so bad really. They just make me want to puke...hence the whole non-eating thing. I've spent too much time, energy, and money to regress back to something I should never have been in the first place. That would be self-destructive... and baaaaaddddd. Going to start working out for snowboarding season. Like Gina says, have to strengthen those thighs and calfs for those loooong toe-side cattracks. Embarassing to have to hike it when everyone just zooms by. Catch me if you can!

Unhealthy obsession with the snooze button on my alarm clock. Been setting the alarm earlier and earlier so that I get to snooze more. Really though, I plan on becoming a morning person - it just doesn't happen that way. Today I set my alarm for 5:50 to get up by 6:45. That's insane. Why don't I just set it for a later time and get better quality sleep rather than have my sleep interrupted every 8 minutes. I can't even get a decent dream in during that time. It's no wonder that I wake up feeling even more tired and nauseous than the night before. Headache count... 4 weeks and going. Dizzy and nauseous... 2 weeks and going. Maybe I should go see a doctor. Maybe not. If I'm dying, I don't want to know about it.

My mom showed up on my doorstep at 7:30 this morning. Didn't call or anything. I hate it when she does that - drives the dog mental and scares the crap out of me. Memories of a very recent, very funny incident are flooding back. (Sorry guys, if you don't know already, I'm afraid you'll never know... some things just can't be shared over the public airwaves - never know if the parental units are reading this... I highly doubt it.) Luckily, not the same situation. Or should I say bummer... not the same situation. No, I'm over that. I'm moving on - like the song says. Funny, though, this time the gatehouse didn't call. I say they're working with me... not against me. Hee hee... jokes... too funny...!!

I wonder what the record is for the longest single blog. I feel like I can keep going on and on and on forever. But then maybe I shouldn't 'cuz then I'll run out of things to say... ya' think... naw....

BTW, thanks to Unsanitary Man, I am no longer obsessed with Caramilk chocolate bars. I don't think I can look at Caramilk the same way ever again... Bah... :(

No comments: