Wednesday, February 4

Day 9924: Me and my big mouth

My big mouth gets me into a lot of trouble sometimes. Mostly because I have problems keeping secrets. Not so much other people's secrets, but my own secrets. Things that people probably should not know about me, only because then the ensuing trouble is just not worth it. (i.e. refer back to blog on my conscience...)

Last night, in a conversation with Unsanitary Man, I let something slip that I shouldn't have. And he started to play the role of my conscience... let's just end that on a we'll-never-agree-on-it note. Though I know he means well, and I know that all my consciences mean well, I don't feel that I have to defend my actions to anyone. So long as I'm okay with what I'm doing, and I fully understand the repercussions, it shouldn't matter. I'm a big girl. I can handle myself.

But what they say does matter. Even if I don't want it to. It still causes me to pause and reflect and to see if they're right. And in very many ways, they are. I can argue and defend as much as I want, but at the end of the day, they still see things from an unbiased perspective. I hate it when people make me think.

I'm happy. I may be deluding myself, but I'm happy. For the moment at least.

No comments: