Thursday, February 5

Day 9925: ...where's the beef?

Today is general pissed-offedness day...my peeves in random order...

1. Dumbass truckers - didja ever think that it might be a little easier, not to mention a little safer, if you don't try to force your way across 3 lanes of rush hour traffic just because you missed the on-ramp 'cuz you're not familiar with the area. Thereby causing mass confusion and some hysteria among some less-than-confident/competent drivers who swerve into someone else's lane and try to play bumper cars. Same goes for the freaking idiot I once saw who swerved from the left turn lane to the center lane to the right lane and then proceeded to make a left turn on a FUCKING RED LIGHT!!!! Asshole!!! If you're not a cop, or an EMS, etc. and your sirens ain't going...stop before you kill someone. Darwinian you deserves to die an early death.

2. Ice - sure we live in the frigid Canadian south, but we have to deal with the ice and snow just like anyone else... so, instead of listening to the rest of the country laughing at what wimps we Torontonians are and sitting in your little plow-truck nodding in agreement, maybe someone should do their job and salt the walkways and the parking lots...it's hard enough walking in with 2 briefcases and a freaking laptop - try it in heely boots and a freaking suit. If I fall and I hurt myself, I'M GOING TO SUE!!!!! Ps... after a night of freezing rain, it usually takes them until the morning of the day after to even lay down a little salt - and even that is sparse...as if a teaspoon of salt on a 50' sidewalk will make any difference whatsoever.

3. Starbucks/Second cup - I am weak. I have an addiction to Caramel Macchiatos and Caramel Corretos... I admit it. I'm not ashamed of it. But why, oh why are you all so freaking hard to get to... tucked away in a mall somewhere or have virtually no parking. I'm a traffic battling commuter. I can't ditch my car just for the sake of the blessed caffeine hit. GET A DRIVE THRU!!! (and while you're at it... change your pricing strategy... lower your prices and you'll sell more volume and make more profit... your coffees are prohibitively expensive for those who need the "extra" caffeine to start the day...damn it, I might have to switch to Timmy's soon...)

4. Yo! You in the elevator - are y'all so pressed for time, that if someone is merely three steps behind you, you can't hold the freaking elevator? That's just rude. It's going to take 3 seconds for someone to cross the lobby. 3 seconds is not going to kill you, but waiting 5 minutes for another elevator might just kill someone else... actually since we're on the topic of courtesy, have you noticed that people are a lot less courteous these days. As if taking the one or two seconds out of their oh-so-busy lives to smile and say "Have a nice day..." is going to turn their eyeballs inside out and make their skin turn green. Come on, people! What goes around comes around. Just because you are having a bad day does not make it okay to take it out on someone else. The guy in front of you in the teller line wasn't the one that made you late in the first place. If you had the foresight to leave the house two minutes earlier, you wouldn't be rolling your eyes and muttering cuss words under your breathe just because the person in the line in front of you has more than one transaction - if you're in that much of a rush... stop going during peak times.

5. Lift tix - just because I'm a "couple" of years passed the adolescent cut-off point, does it mean you can charge me almost double for a freaking lift ticket. Whoever said that skiing/snowboarding is a sport for rich people was right - resort operators get rich off of idiots like me who get addicted to surfing the snow. Just because I'm older doesn't necessarily mean that I have more disposable income on hand... I'm not supported by darling-daddy or mommy-dearest. I have to pay for my own tix. It takes A LOT LESS energy to get ME to the top of the hill as it does that 230 lb 15 year old standing in front of me in the lift line... and if I fall, I CAN get up, and not cause a backlog because the guy has to stop the lift and roll me to the side of the freaking hill. I may look a little rolly polly in all my gear... but I swear it's the Ass-Pad!!! (and the knee-pads... and the triple clothing layer... and the wristguards... and the helmet... and the extra fleece...) ... and the same goes for plane tickets, train tickets, bus tickets etc. etc...

6 and 7. Sex - it's everywhere. On television, in magazines, on the Internet... crazy! Everywhere I turn, someone is talking about sex. Ummmm... it's on my mind enough already - do I need to be thinking about it ALL the time? Give me a break! Isn't sex a private thing between 2 people? What's with the voyeurism of today's society... which links to my next peeve...

Reality television - Watching the women's team on The Apprentice blatantly using their sex appeal to win is disgusting. I'm as much of a "the end justifies the means" type of girl as the next... but that's just wrong. It's unfair and unethical...and just plain degrading even to see people stoop that low for the sake of winning on a reality television show. The women aren't winning because of their solid, proven business acumen... they're winning because they're using their sexuality to take advantage of attention starved men. Come on, ladies - show the world that women are better than men because of our brains, and not because of our boobs. American Idol... it's not funny to watch people's hopes and dreams crushed by razor-mouthed Simon. True, anyone trying out after the first season probably deserves the cutting remarks since they know what they're getting into, but some of them actually believe they have talent... and their family loves them enough not to crush them emotionally but telling them the truth. And... we can't miss Survivor - all-stars... who cares... more naked Richard... the thing as been done to death... I think I'm going to sell my television. Wait a second. I don't watch television... I just hear about all this from the people at work. Maybe I'll just go postal and shoot them with supersoakers everytime they bring up reality tv...

No comments: