Wednesday, March 24

Day 9972: AHEM...

I like attention. That is the short sweet simple truth. I actually really like attention. Not sure why, because once I have it, I don't know what to do with it and usually start feeling squirmy and just a tad uncomfortable. Odd, isn't it.

But, still, I want it, crave it... demand it...

It starts with a little tester... a poke here, a touch there, maybe an email out of the blue for an obviously-trumped-up reason...

"Hey, I don't understand the Microsoft antitrust ruling... can you explain it to me sometime..."
No response...
"Helllloooo???? Anybody there???? I feel like ribs and beer tonight... you interested??? Lemme know... :)"
*click, click* Mail Delivery Complete... Mail Delivery Complete...
No response... still...
*furious typing and loud pounding on the keyboard*
"YO!!!! WHAT THE HECK? Why are you ignoring me?!!!! Well FINE then. I don't care about you either... EAT SHIT AND DIE!!!"

(ed. note: "some" artistic liberty taken by overworked, underpaid, underappreciated, attention-starved "author")

I just want to make plans for the night... if you don't answer me, I'm going to have to go find someone else who will... Just send me back a little happy face and a yes or no and I'll happily slink back to my little hole of an office and sit contently for a few hours until it's time to go do whatever it was that we talked about. Obviously, I'm not good with suspense... when I want attention, I want it NOW!!! Not a patient person... not, not, not, not, not!! If I don't hear back from you within, say... 45 minutes, time enough to get out of any meeting or send a quick sms. 45 whole minutes... wow...

I like attention... I need it, I crave it... I can taste it... but obviously some people aren't getting the hint...

J1: "Ken says I need a lot of attention."
J2: "I don't think so"
J1: "Chris says that I like to be center of everything..."
J2: "I don't see it."
J1: "Hmmm... I think so. I need lots of attention."
J2: "No, not really"
J1: "Well... I like it"
J2: "Mmmmmmm... everyone likes attention... zzzzzzZZZZZ..."

:(

No comments: